Saturday, November 16, 2013

Funny… today is my anniversary and this is the song running through my brain...




I think it's because around November of my freshman year of college, I was listening to a lot of college radio.  One of the DJs played Sam Kinison's "Wild Thing" and, of course, it instantly resonated with me.  Maybe it's because one of my sisters said I reminded her of the late comedian who was once a Pentacostal preacher.  Could it be because I am so boisterous?  Or is it because of the way I look?

I already wrote a mushy anniversary post on Pop Rock Nation, so I figured this one would be less reverent.  I never carried on like the woman in Sam Kinison's song.  I would be more likely to be the singer than the singee.  I probably couldn't relate to the line "Every time I kiss you, I taste what other men had for lunch!"  I make it a point not to use my tongue when I kiss.

Anyway, on this 11th anniversary of my wedding day, I give you "Wild Thing" and hopefully a couple of laughs.  I hope you enjoy your weekend as much as I have so far.

2 comments:

  1. "Wild Thing," while not necessarily the most classic melody of all times, is nonetheless epic. My mom has a 45 of it with some group named the Troggs, and she has a record of a guy named Von Meader imitating the Kennedy family singing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a one hit wonder for The Troggs. I prefer Sam Kinison's version.

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.