Sunday, June 7, 2015

Blood, Sweat, & Tears vs. The Guess Who...

For some reason, I think Blood, Sweat, & Tears and The Guess Who sound sort of similar.  Yesterday, while in a haze of beer, I was listening to music by both bands...  I guess what seems really similar to me are the lead singers.



"And When I Die" by Blood Sweat & Tears

Blood Sweat & Tears came from New York City.  They fused rock, jazz, blues, pop, and the kitchen sink into their music.  Their music is very horn heavy and jazz oriented.  David Clayton-Thomas, a Canadian born in England, was the lead singer for several years until he left in 1972.


"Share The Land" by The Guess Who

The Guess Who came from Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada.  They were known for their edgy sound.  Chad Allan sang lead and Randy Bachman, later of Bachman-Turner Overdrive, was on guitars.  I guess they don't sound too much like Blood Sweat & Tears... except maybe the lead singer whose vocals remind me a lot of David Clayton-Thomas's.


"Lucretia McEvil"  First time I heard this, I was at a bar in Brussels, Belgium.


Updated version of "These Eyes"...

Am I crazy or do these two bands really have similar sounds?  I dunno.  I was really enjoying listening to them last night, though.  Will have to become more familiar with their sound.

2 comments:

  1. I got here because i was thinking the same thing. had a string of BST cued up on youtube and then "THESE EYES" came on. I didn't recall it as a BST song, because it ISN't!
    Yeah, it is really just the singers' voices and there delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on older posts will be moderated.