Monday, February 15, 2016

Bertie Higgins...

I will admit that I only know of one song Bertie Higgins ever sang.  It was a early 80s number called "Key Largo".  It definitely qualifies as crap from the past.  Thanks ever so much to Alexis for reminding me of this schlocky hit.


Dear God...

I haven't heard this song in ages, but it's basically a wistful love song.  They don't make 'em like this anymore, people.  It's pure radio gold.

He must have had some kind of career, though, because I ran across this image on the Internet.


Hmm... Sexy?  Or not?

According to Wikipedia, Bertie Higgins is a native Floridian.  He is, at this writing, 71 years old.  In 1982, when "Key Largo" was a hit, he was in his late 30s.  Knowing this fact and realizing that I remember 1982 and that song makes me feel very old.  

"Key Largo" was a fairly successful song and has been used on a number of TV shows.  Higgins was one of the writers of that song and has penned songs for other, better known singers.  I guess I can give him props for making his music career work, even if he's not necessarily a household name.  

Kudos to Bertie Higgins for writing a song that still sticks in my head over thirty years later.  It's like a musical ode to Florida.  Almost makes me want to hop on a jet and go there for some snorkeling and conch fritters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.