Sunday, June 5, 2016

David Naughton, singer, actor, dancer extraordinaire...

I'm surprised I haven't yet written about the venerable David Naughton.  I remember him well as an actor in movies like An American Werewolf in London and Midnight Madness, which starred a young Michael J. Fox.  He was also on a TV series called Makin' It, which spawned a hit song.  In the 80s, he starred opposite Pam Dawber on My Sister Sam.  I used to enjoy that show.  Sadly, it became infamous because the pretty young actress Rebecca Schaeffer was murdered by an obsessed fan.


Egad... this has 1978 written all over it.  Break out the roller skates!


In the late 1970s, David Naughton was also the star of a vintage Dr. Pepper commercial...


Another Dr. Pepper ad from 1980, back when American sodas were made with cane sugar.  I miss those days.

I know David Naughton is still around.  I haven't actually seen him in anything recently, though for some reason his disco hit song was stuck in my head this morning.  What's worse is that I remember another song from the early 80s.  It was not done by David Naughton, but has sort of a similar sound to "Makin' It".  I'm going crazy trying to remember the song and who sang it.  It'll come to me eventually, but until it does, I'm going to be going nuts.

Guess it's time to consult YouTube.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.