Friday, August 5, 2016

853-5937 and a few other songs by Squeeze...

This old song by Squeeze popped into my head today.  I haven't heard it since the 80s.


I can think of other Squeeze songs I liked better...

Squeeze was one of those adult contemporary/progressive bands of the 80s whose songs were catchy and infectious.  I wasn't a big aficionado of their music, but I do remember a few decent songs.  The one I liked the best was this song.


This song doesn't age, even though it's from 1981.  Love the organ.  I see it was produced by Elvis Costello and I believe it.  It kind of has his stamp on it.


This one is probably #2 for me, if only because I remember it well from my high school years.  Listening to it now, it sounds a bit cheesy.


"Black Coffee in Bed" is another big Squeeze hit.

Squeeze was founded by Brits in the late 1970s and performed well into the 90s.  Despite my music nerdiness, I only know a few of their tunes.  I probably ought to explore them more, especially since the legendary Paul Carrack was a member at one time.  I had friends who loved Squeeze, but I guess I was just out to lunch.

For now, I'll just watch these old videos and remember being a kid.  I can't believe how old I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.