Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Bourgeois Tagg...

Here's another blast from the past.  This one is from 1988 and I had totally forgotten about it until I saw it on Facebook's "On This Day" feature.  I was 16 in 1988 and now I'm 45.  This song has held up pretty well after so many years.  I think it's still good 29 years later.


Good stuff.

This song has a great melody and surprisingly thoughtful lyrics.  Brent Bourgeois formed the band Bourgeois Tagg with Larry Tagg, a former songwriter turned high school English and drama teacher.  Brent Bourgeois later became a contemporary Christian singer and, according to Wikipedia, now teachers pop songwriting at University of the Pacific.  He's also a music composer for Facebook.


Another song by this band...


This is another one of their hits, but I don't recognize it.


This one features Larry Tagg singing lead.

The only song I remember is "I Don't Mind At All", which doesn't sound nearly as dated as these other songs do.  It looks like these guys enjoyed careers in songwriting, though, even if they weren't exactly household names in their heyday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.