Friday, December 22, 2017

An old song by Lulu...

I have been looking for this song forever.  I remember it being a hit when I was a kid; then I didn't hear it again until today.  A random search on Google brought up this old chestnut from 1982.


When this song was on the radio, I had no idea this was a white woman singing... it always sounded so much like old school R&B to me...

Prior to today, I had heard of Lulu.  I knew her song "To Sir With Love" and had seen her host shows on VH1 back in the day.  I didn't know she did "If I Were You (I'd Fall in Love With Me)".  I'm annoyed that I can't download this... Apparently, the album it came from is out of print.  Figures.

Oh well.  At least I can hear the song on YouTube, thanks to some kind soul who uploaded it.  Anyone else remember this obscure song from my childhood?

Lulu used to be married to Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees, but their marriage didn't last long.

Edited to add...  I just found another song I had forgotten about from 1982... also by Lulu.


"I Could Never Miss You (More Than I Do)"

Wow, it's been a banner day in the obscure song finding biz.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.