Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Pac Man Fever...

South Park led me to write this post.  They played a clip of "Pac Man Fever", a musical homage to the legendary arcade game.  People of my generation loved Pac Man.  Now it's ridiculously primitive.


Buckner & Garcia sing their one hit wonder...  Holy shit!  They were on American Bandstand!

Pac Man had a hell of a run in the 80s.  I remember they marketed everything from breakfast cereal to Saturday morning cartoons with the little yellow guy and his descendants and "wife", Ms. Pac Man.  And, yes, there was even a hit song.  Man, oh man, does this song bring back some painful memories.

I am still hooked on video games, although now I'm playing them online and blowing too much money on them.  I'd kill for a game I could play for a quarter.





Back in my youth, we even had game shows dedicated to video games.  Of course, Pac Man was a big part of that.  This is Starcade, which used to air on TBS.

Yeah, this is one of those songs that came out at the right time and is now mostly faded from memory.  But the guys who made South Park are my age, so sometimes I relate even more to their show than I should.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.