Friday, April 13, 2018

You Look Marvelous!


An old friend shared this today...  I had long ago forgotten about Billy Crystal's classic bit!

"You Look Marvelous" was a hit in 1985, which was 33 years ago!  I can't believe how quickly 33 years have passed!  The above video has a cameo by Sting and mentions of some of the biggest divas of the 80s.

Here's a video starring Billy Crystal, explaining where he got the inspiration for the song and his character "Fernando", who sings it.  Fernando was, of course, inspired by Fernando Lamas.  

I miss the days when Saturday Night Live was funny... and we had so many bigger than life stars... and our president wasn't a total schmuck.  Kudos to my old friend and Billy Crystal for making me smile today.


Billy Crystal talks about Muhammad Ali at Ali's funeral.  He got his start imitating Ali in 1974.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated.